I hope this post finds you warm on these almost winter days we’ve been having. Still, it’s the season of winter warmers and ale packed with spice – perhaps my favorite of the seasonal beer selection. It also means that the Tennessee Winter Beer Fest is right around the corner – February 9th to be exact.
Last year was the inaugural year for this very limited event. 180 tickets went very fast and a good time was definitely had by all. This year it was decided to take the tickets to 220, rearrange the setup and go from 4 to 6 brewers; Saw Works Brewing Company, Calfkiller Brewing Company, Smoky Mountain Brewery, Depot Street Brewing, Studio Brew and Chattanooga Brewing Company. That’s a mighty fine lineup of brewers if I do say so myself. They’ll also be competing for the illustrious and coveted BoBy award (Best of Beers) which you determine the winner.
Just like last year, 100% of the proceeds for this event go to New Hope Blount County Children’s Advocacy Center. If you follow our ramblings, you know we are BIG fans of New Hope. What this group does to prevent child abuse AND to help children who have been abused is nothing short of stellar. The Tennessee Winter Beer Fest is proud to support New Hope!
So, you’re probably wondering, what’s the drill. So here ya go – $50 gets you an all inclusive ticket. What does that mean?
- Beer – both the delicious AND refreshing kinds.
- Commemorative pint glass to drink said aforementioned beer.
- Food, from none other than Miss Lily’s who will keep you fed all night long.
- Tennessee Winter Beer Fest t-shirt – perfect for post-festival gloating to your less fortunate friends.
- 20% off lodging at The Talley Ho Inn - just let them know you’re coming for the festival when you make your reservation. They’ll also have a free shuttle running to and from the festival.
- Bragging rights that you helped support not only Tennessee brewers but also New Hope.
The festival will run from 3pm to 9pm at The Laurel Valley Country Club. Tickets can be purchased at The Casual Pint, The Market at Washington and High, Miss Lily’s and online at TennesseeWinterBeerFest.com.
We look forward to seeing you there. Cheers!