If you weren’t already aware, Sierra Nevada is sending beer camp across the country this year with 7 stops. The final stop is at the Mills River Brewery (yes, the one that we almost had here in fabulous east TN) on August 3rd from 3-6pm. They are sending a “message in a bottle” to invite us all to join – hopefully we’ll see this in our market. Check out the press release below – sounds like it’ll be pretty cool PLUS it’s an excuse to go to Asheville.
Chico, CA—June 23, 2014—Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is sending a flavorful request instead of a formal one, today shipping to distributors a West Coast Double IPA in 24-ounce bottles that invites beer drinkers to attend Beer Camp Across America. An unprecedented seven-city traveling beer festival, Beer Camp Across America will feature more than 700 total breweries; each brewery will pour their beers at the festival closest to them. The West Coast Double IPA includes a message that calls drinkers to the bounty of beer that will be at each tour stop:
• Sat, July 19: Northwest Edition at Sierra Nevada Hop Field in Chico, CA, 12-5 p.m.
• Sun, July 20: Southwest Edition at Embarcadero North in San Diego, CA, 1-6 p.m.
• Fri, July 25: Rocky Mountain Edition at Civic Center Park in Denver, CO, 5-10 p.m.
• Sun, July 27: Midwest Edition at Navy Pier in Chicago, IL, 12-5 p.m.
• Fri, August 1: New England Edition at Thompson’s Point in Portland, ME, 5-10 p.m.
• Sat, August 2: Mid-Atlantic Edition at Penn Treaty Park in Philadelphia, PA, 12-5 p.m.
• Sun, August 3: Southeast Edition in Mills River, NC, 1-6 p.m.
“There will be a huge selection of great beers in every city we visit this summer, and we thought beer lovers would appreciate a glimpse of the fun to come with our own hopped-up invitation,” said Ken Grossman, founder of Sierra Nevada. “This is an IPA that’s West Coast in style, which is fitting since the whole pilgrimage kicks off here in California in just a few weeks.”
Heading to most states in limited quantities, the Beer Camp Across America West Coast Double IPA clocks in at 8.5% ABV and features five hop varieties, two of which went into Sierra Nevada’s “Hop Torpedo” dry-hopping device and impart hints of grapefruit and a floral note that recalls orange blossom. A light malt body and dry finish complement the bold hop profile.
Tickets for the seven Beer Camp Across America festivals are on sale at www.SierraNevada.com/